Show Fido how much you love him on February 14th (and any day!)1 with this easy and adorable Valentine’s Day dog treat recipe! It’s super easy to make with ingredients you’ll find right in your grocery store. If you’re looking for hypoallergenic dog treat recipes, I’m going to say that this one probably isn’t the best bet because of the beef broth. You could use one of our other hypoallergenic recipes as a base, then follow the rest of this recipe for the frosting (as long as your pooch doesn’t have a dairy allergy).
VALENTINE’S DAY DOG TREAT RECIPE
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C oats
- 1/2 to 1 C beef broth
- 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
- Dog bone cookie cutter
- 1 1/2 packs (12 oz) nonfat cream cheese, room temp
- Two tsp honey *see note about honey below
- One tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend flour and oats.Add 1/2 cup beef broth and peanut butter to the flour & oat combination. Mix well.
- Add more beef broth if needed to make a thick dough.
- Using your hands form the dough into a ball.
- Cover a cutting board and rolling pin with flour.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch, using the bone cookie cutter, cut out the dog treats.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add the ingredients together.
- With a hand mixer beat until fluffy.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag with a #2 tip to outline the treats or make designs on them.
- Set them aside until the frosting has dried.
*Note about the honey: We research every ingredient in our dog treat recipes, even though they’re created by experienced “dog chefs.” While honey is safe for dogs and, based on research, can even be beneficial to them for certain illnesses, I found quite a bit of information related to honey harvested from bees that pollinated Oleander trees. Oleander is poisonous to dogs. While it’s uncommon for honey to be made from Oleander-drunk bees (sorry, I can’t think of a better way to phrase it), one way to be certain that you’re avoiding it is to buy honey from the Midwest or East Coast. Even better, go with local honey producers, get to know them and ask them questions. They’re usually happy to answer!
You and your best friend don’t have to live with pain!
Our product covers dogs of all ages and breeds, which encounter joint problems with age, need some post-op help to regain mobility or highly active dogs suffering from joint inflammation and pain after a hard day on the job or the trail. FidoActive Advanced Hip and Joint Supplement for Dogs supports joint health for dogs to get your four-legged friend back on their paws again. Get Fido active again the simple, safe way and treat your dog to a long & active life! Shop now and enjoy 10% off: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Glucosamine-Joint-Supplement-Dogs/dp/B00V3C2BJ2