If so, please make sure they are safe and sound during the celebrations. Facing all of those sudden noises and firework flashes is likely to spook ANY dog, especially when they haven’t got their best friend to lean on!
• Take them for a walk before it’s dark (cue for start of fireworks!), so they are dog tired. They are less likely to be startled when fast asleep.
• Ensure they have their ID on at ALL times – even at home! If they get spooked and bolt, they will often just continue running in a bid to escape the noise, which means they could end up a very long way from home, distressed and disorientated. Their ID is essential to help secure a safe and speedy return of your beloved pet.
• Close the drapes/blinds to dampen sound and mask flashing lights.
• Switch on radio or TV to mask sound.
• Ensure they’re comfy in their favorite spot with a blanket and favorite toy to snuggle up to.
• Keep them occupied with their favorite chew or treat-filled kong.
#happydogs #happyholidays #doglovers #ilovedogs #petID #lostandfounddog #fidoactive
Wishing you and your canine companions safe and happy celebrations!
Helen Broadley & The FidoActive Team
Follow Us on: